How To Plant Spinach Seeds In 7 Easy Steps – VIDEO
Spinach is packed with vitamins and minerals which is why it’s Popeye’s food to make him stronger. Eating spinach is very good for you especially if it’s home grown which would mean free from insecticides. Growing spinach is actually a fairly simple task but it is very fulfilling. Once full grown, which takes around 45- 50 days, you can use the leaves for salad and other recipes. It’s versatile and mixes with other recipes like soups, lasagna and stuffed shells. The video below is a great guide on how to plant spinach seeds.
- Spinach seeds ( Choose heat resistant varieties so you can grow and eat all summer long)
- Bamboo stick
- Prepare the soil by hoeing the soil until its loose and free of lumps
- Add compost and then sprinkle blood meal to the soil.
- Mix the compost and blood meal by hoeing the soil at least one inch deep
- Make some furrow, by pushing it to the soil a little bit to make the row.
- Plants the seed at least one inch apart. Cover lightly
- Water the seeds and keep it moist.
- Feed your spinach blood meal at least once a month. Five pounds of blood meal for every one hundred square feet.
Image via Wikipedia