How To Build A Raised Bed Garden – VIDEO
Building a raise bed garden is easy contrary to what people think. You can use materials of your own preference like concrete, lumber, recycled materials and a lot more. Building your own will ensure that it will fit what you need it for. In this video lumber is used for the frame and once done the raised bed can be filled up with soil and you can grow whatever vegetables or flowers you have in mind. The raised bed will ensure proper drainage for your plants and the result will give you the picture perfect plants you have in mind.
Materials needed: (double the amount if you want to build a higher raise bed)
- 2 pieces 2-by-10-by-8 untreated lumber
- 16 pieces of exterior deck screws
- 4 pieces of 2-by-4 lumber (will be need if you’re building a higher raise bed)
- Cut the 2 pieces of lumber in the middle which will now give you four pieces in total.
- Pre- drill you lumber at twice at each corner.
- Connect the lumber like your building a square and see where they meet. That it where you should drill your holes
- Once done, join the sides and screw them together until you build a square.
- If you think it’s not high enough for you just make under square by repeating the process using the same materials.
- You can put a wire screen at the bottom of the raise bed. This would be advisable it you want to use it to raise livestock like chickens.
- After building another raise bed connect them by placing the 2-by-4 lumber at the inner corner of the raise bed and then screw them together. It would connect and provide support for the raise bed.
Image via Wikipedia